vixteam is a reference in software projects and develops customized systems, through an innovative methodology, based on international norms and qualification standards such as CMMI and MPS Br.
It operates with projects fully implemented in 100% web-based technology, for large corporations in the steel, mining, oil, gas and government sectors.
Among the main services, the development of technologies for Risk Management and Auditing (GRC), such as software TeamAudit Risk & Compliance, a tool created to continuously monitor internal controls, ensuring corporate responsibility, transparency and consistency for organizations to maintain ethical and regulatory standards.
A vixteam develops solutions for the GRC environment, such as the TeamAudit Risk & Compliance software, a set of technologies for internal auditors and managers who work in the areas of risk, compliance and controls. TeamAudit Risk & Compliance is a modular, flexible and responsive solution that provides the ability to assess, monitor and report on an organization's controls and risks.
Through this tool, you can achieve the ultimate control environment by providing real-time visibility into key information, which helps you effectively manage and report on compliance efforts.
With the growing demand for this software, there was a need to migrate the platform to AWS, mainly with a focus on reducing infrastructure costs and optimizing performance.
This is because, when it comes to understanding the GRC environment, prevention is certainly the best way out and constant monitoring is essential to prevent situations from having unfavorable consequences for the company's image and values.
teamaudit is a Java application that runs on a Linux server and had a SQLServer database that ran on RDS. TeamAudit did not support running in an autoscaling application.
For this reason, the Flexa Cloud built the solution for Vixteam, according to the following schedule, based on the customer's diagnosis:
- Mapping and modeling of the entire technology architecture;
- Proposal of technical migration scenarios;
- Carrying out capacity planning and infrastructure sizing studies;
- Optimization of system architectures and business applications;
- Migration of SQL Servers;
- Migration of vertical business applications;
- Strategic backup and disaster recovery forecasts;
- Implementation of an integrated connectivity layer with VPN;
- Providing expert support in cloud computing architecture and technology operation.
The following AWS products were used:
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud – gives you full control over your virtual networking environment, including resource placement, connectivity, and security. Get started by setting up your VPC in the AWS Service Console
- Amazon EC2 – Offers the broadest and deepest compute platform, with over 500 instances and the latest processor, storage, networking, operating system, and purchasing model options to help you better meet your workload needs.
- Application load balancer – operates at the request level (layer 7), routing traffic to destinations (EC2 instances, containers, IP addresses and Lambda functions) based on the content of the request.
- Amazon RDS for SQL Serverr – SQL Server is a database management system relational databases developed by Microsoft. Amazon RDS for SQL Server makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale SQL Server deployments on the a cloud.
After the migration was finished, there was already 99,5% usage availability and the overall performance had grown by 100%, mainly due to the AWS network link and better hardware.
When migrating to the cloud, the application started to run in a single zone, due to the costs related to obtaining high availability, all of this while maintaining the highest security precepts, necessary for the operation.
This is because the AWS Well-Architected Framework was also applied, with processes that include not only best practices related to security in a broad scenario, but also provide recommendations for identity and access management.
In addition to the application of the tool AWS, Flexa Cloud in its diagnosis, still recommended enabling the MFA for users, as well as performing the correct configuration of root account, roles and others.
→ Do you want to reduce costs and improve the performance of your application such as vixteam? discover Flexa Cloud services and enjoy the best of technology AWS.